PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Cost Carriers…who is the best ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2014, 19:14
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truckflyer,
a bit of an over -optimistic / over -simplification there I am afraid. What has been agreed is that a permanent contract will be offered with a "wholly owned" company affiliated to NAS within 2 years , extendable, subject to certain caveats , to 3 (already 3 for the HEL guys in March) As for being "employed" by the agency , yeah, that sounded nice for NAS in the Norwegian press, but the reality is a little more "cloudy", with the agencies varying from "a few" to "overcast".

OPEN DES, Current contractor payment is not 8888€, it is 8884 + 17€/block hr before tax (count on 750hr/year) uniforms /medicals/crewfood etc provided.

No-one has seen one of these contracts, nor identified who/what the "wholly owned affiliate" will be. . . we will find out in March if/when the HEL based guys receive the proposition. . . but, it is assuredly not a "CORE CONTRACT" as dick byrne suggested.

I know quite a few folk who have been d1cked around by Jet2 in terms of what contract they were offered in year 1, & then subsequently the year after, I have heard only bad about the HR Dept, who seem to wield a disproportienatly large stick in this company where crew are concerned .

Ryanair, I couldn't possibly comment except to say that if they wish to crew their future purchases, & the RPG can achieve something, it will (should) get better.

Vueling is, like Wizzair, a joke in terms of payment offered to be a Jet Transport crew member.

Never worked for them, but I am guessing Easy are leading (or are rather, last ) in "the race to the bottom".

Last edited by captplaystation; 14th Jan 2014 at 06:39.