PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Water ditching Caravan caught on a Go-Pro from inside
Old 13th Jan 2014, 13:21
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mj

If you are in warm shark infested water the first thing to do is stay still! Do not sit on the top flailing arms and legs around like some dying sea creature!
Sharks will see you as easy prey!
Hopefully you will have your warm warer survival kit which will include some surface goggles and a knife,
The goggle s so you can survey the deep for anything coming to take an interest in you as some sort of haut cuisine dinner!
Underwater there are three categories Predator, Prey or neither ! The thing you have to avoid emulating is prey so eith emulate the neither category or if the predator still sees you as prey become threatening and a predator too!
The knife is a vital bit of kit especially if you have a nice tartan bib and a fork too This will give the. Message that you are far from prey and maybe even a predator with your saliverly glands eyeing the Shark as a nice fish and chips meal!
I have met quite a few underwater and trying to film them the problem is usually not scaring the things off I usually end up chasing the things around the sea bed looking like some weird creature waving an equally weird contraption at them

So if your flying a single warm seas remember the goggles and a nice bit of cold steel as they don't like it up em ! Unless it's a great white! Killer whale Oceanic white tip ( killed more people from sinking ships in the last war than any other species ) and a couple of others in which case pray

Pace