PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - July 03 course to become Jan 04?
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2003, 20:17
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey MR

My boss is taking it quite well actually (in truth I think he's glad that there's light at the end of the tunnel for him as well!!!! i.e. he can't wait to get rid of me!!!) although he got very upset that I still got my annual salary increase despite the fact i've told them i'm leaving!!

Just to explain to anyone who might be interested (probably no-one!!! ) about three weeks ago I got a phone call from HR asking if it was ok now to contact my current employers. I asked if they could put it off for a few days as I hadn't actually told my current employers . Anyway, I went into work the next day and proceeded to tell everyone I was leaving (with a huge smile on my face I have to admit) only to find out about 10 minutes later from an as yet unconfirmed rumour on pprune that the course is 99% certain to be cancelled!!

I was not exactly amused, but I get the impression that that's nowhere near what my boss was thinking at the time!!

Since then I think he's just resigned himself to the inevitable, but I seem to be getting all the cr@ppy jobs going now!! Can't think why . Only positive thing is they can't exactly sack me and I haven't actually handed in my notice yet, just informed them I will be leaving at some point, so i'm fine to carry on in this hell-hole...ermm...company, I mean, until I start at CATC.

It would be a weight off my mind if they could let me know for definite but as I've said before, its a career I really want to have. So if it means waiting an extra 3 or 6 months, then hard as it may be to keep doing the mundane 9-5, and as much as my boss'll get more and more annoyed by my extreme apathy to the work I do at the minute, i'll do it.

Anyway, on to more important matters, MR, when are we all going to get together to get drunk?!?

FB