PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking an honest opinion on completing CPL...
Old 12th Jan 2014, 23:14
pilotchute

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't have the 100K in the bank ready to go I would strongly advise not going into that much debt if you already have a family to provide for. Who is going to pay the bills whilst your training? FEE Help approved
schools don't do part time or weekend courses so its a Monday to Friday 5 days a week gig.

If you manage to get through all that then there is the getting the first job hurdle. Unless you have contacts already I would bet that you will have to move away from where you live and I bet the Mrs and Kids won't be coming with you. This makes a relationship very difficult. The pay will be rubbish and not enough for you and your family to survive as well as paying your expenses.

Chase the dream but don't forget the reality of the industry right now. As a previous poster said its going nowhere fast.

Then there is the "lots of high paying GA jobs" brigade. That may be but no one is moving on from them and they are hell difficult to get in the first place. Everyone has a different opinion on the right course.

I would say if you didn't have to borrow the money then knock yourself out! Getting into that sort of debt for flight training when you have other responsibilities in my mind is more than a little dangerous.