Old 12th Jan 2014, 18:59
enstrompilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
allouette

hi
I have 3 of these
2 x 318c and 1 x 313B

318c first

318c is a EASA type and thus they are full CofA (one mid life TBO's one near full tbo (all new bits))
reg in Hungary (but could be Reg in UK easily)
maintenance is straight forward but best if experienced engineer, there are several in UK (rota span - midlands, HFI Cambridge, Steve PR rugby)
as mine are HU reg they operate under an Hungarian AOC (though I don't do commercial work).
Steve PR is part of the AOC holder and thus able to carry out all the required maintenance work - as he is UK based this is all very easy
Steve is a great engineer, loads of experience (enstrom and AL2), knows the machines/type well
he has all the special tools, manuals etc etc
they is also a french chap with yr (and yrs) of allouette and Lama experience, knows them inside out
spares, plenty of them about (some parts hard to get) most are reasonably priced (if any heli part ever is) - tail rotor blades are tricky as are Tail heads *
most parts have big TBO and most make time
Engines are VERY VERY costly, and hard to find, but are very robust
318C has a azastou 2a2 (smaller Gazell engine) of some 580 HP, fuel burn can be as low as 120 ltr/hr at cruise (tank is 560 Ltrs)
VNE is 105 (possible 2 up and mid fuel load) but generally cruses is 95-100 kts
pilot and 4 pax (with reduced fuel even so some 2+ hrs endurance
insurance - via the AOC i pay £900 - third party per year
training, Leon Smith (booker) is a great guy can train only on EASA aircraft (so 318c), 10 hrs ground school, 5-15 hr type conversion - may not be possible abinitio (leon can advise)

these are Very good cruising machine, very affordable to fly and own

313B (was 3130 with some upgrades)
Annex 2, on Hu Reg works (can be UK reg esily), if HU reg needs UK CAA permission to fly in UK airspace
1500 upgraded to 1650 Kg MTOW
vne 100K, cruise 90K
fuel burn 160-180 ltr/hr (regulaly 180 ltrs)
pilot and 4 pax
less endurance/range as higher fuel burn
VERY Very robust engine
earlier tail rotor head, tbo 400 hrs, but unless plenty of greese every day and 'service/inspection at 200hrs' these are known not to make TBO - overhauled part is tricky to find and expensive *
engines are VERY VERY costly but they are more of these around
TBO are large, a mid time machine will see any of us beyond our flying

again the UK maintenance orgs can do the mantenance work

training, tricky as Annex 2, Hu reg, if on UK the CAA could give dispensation for type convertion, as on Hg reg, machine could be moved to HU land, and trainign done there, then added to UK EASA PPL (H) but needs agreeemnt by UK CAA, best would be to borrow a 318c, do the flying, as the type rating covers both types (currently)

as these are HU reg machine the opperator (kobo coop, Gyor, hungary) and the HU caa inspector visit each annual to 'renew' the CofA.

they are particularly hot on hose dates, seat belts, parts tracking, anual test flight reports etc - in general they are very thorough.

the 313B feels a little more robust/stable/solid but higher fuel/lower endurance/slower - but much cheaper to buy (£90-£120K) vat ?

the 318C is the first choice, the extra speed is noticable, the extra endurance/lower fuel burn is noticable (eastbourne - birmingham return on 300 ltrs) mostly at 100kts + (as 1 up often) - to buy one ? - some times available at £140K plus

I have recently had some very long delays (and one machine grounded after expiry of CofA) whilst he HU caa establish (new to them) EASA approved proceedures. this has been painful. but no is resolved. I have been temped to move the machine to the UK reg, UK CAA very helpful, I think it would be straigt forward - this is work in progress. - the upside will be local regulation and advice - the down side is probably higher cost insurance.

the insurance is part of a block policy, underwritten by a major EU company, individual insurance though UK broker may be more like £3K (third party)

*parts

I have stocks of key parts and big stocks of many small parts, 4+ other owners have stocks of parts, and several 'dealer' in EU, USA, SA etc have stocks, generally parts are 30-50% of the cost competative 4-5 seat turbine machines

there are a few machine in UK, 3 x 313B's and 3+ 318c's, chat to HFI or Rota Span for another view, Steve PR can also help

if you are interested to know more and perhaps come for a flight (i do eastbourne Birmigham regularly (not recently with this ****ty weather), contact and come visit - kettle is on

I hope this helps

Ian

PS lots of talk of noisy 'device to turn good Keroseen into noise ' - reasonably quite in the cab at flight speed - good basis DC headsets work, but VERY VERY reliable engine - so a trade off - when isnt that the case with aviation