PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL-3
Thread: LIVERPOOL-3
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2014, 13:55
Ametyst1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with a lot of what anansis says with regards to public transport particularly with regards to a combined rail/bus ticket. and indeed a combined bus ticket. although I live between the city centre and the airport I have to get 2 buses to get there.

I disagree that Manchester is just as convenient as getting to Liverpool. I do not know the last time you took the train but it is not £6 each way it is £14.50. The cheapest off-peak return is £16.80 and peak (the time you would take the train is £19.50).

A taxi from Liverpool City Centre to the airport takes between 25 and 30 minutes at that time of the morning, the train to Manchester Airport takes between 70 and 85 minutes, so at lease a 40 minute difference more than double the time it takes to get to Liverpool at that time of the morning.

A private hire taxi from Liverpool city centre to Liverpool Airport would easily be cheaper than the single train fare to Manchester Airport. I have found no reluctance of private hire companies to pick up from Liverpool airport.

Long term parking deals at Liverpool Airport are way cheaper than £55 for 3 days providing you book in advance. I have found 4 days parking departing on 20th January for £26.99 using the airport's main long stay car park. There are cheaper off airport deals too. In peak summer (July) it increases to £31.99 for 4 days.

The National Express coach from Liverpool to Manchester Airport is about £6 each way and takes about 50 minutes but none of these services connect with the first wave of departures from Manchester either.

Last edited by Ametyst1; 12th Jan 2014 at 14:06.