PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seeking an honest opinion on completing CPL...
Old 12th Jan 2014, 07:52
aeromatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been in a similar situation a few years ago I'll chime in before everyone tells you to find a job which pays well and fly for fun.

Firstly the cost; I was lucky that by the time I decided to go commercial I already had close to 200 hours flying privately so it wasn't hugely expensive to obtain a CPL. Paying your own way will work out a lot cheaper but if that simply isn't an option then fee-help is your only course of action. I will say choose your school wisely and speak to some ex-students before you commit.

Most of the people on here will tell you not to bother. They'll tell you GA as an industry has gone to st, they'll tell you the money is better at McDonalds and to be honest they're probably right on the two latter points. At the end of the day you need to follow your dreams. I gave up my own business and a much larger paycheque to fly in GA but the return is that I enjoy going to work in the mornings and my fiance and family tell me I'm a much happier person for it. We can still afford to put food on the table and I look forward to going to work, what more can you ask for in life?