PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2014, 22:51
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Achieving actual ultimate performance

Originally Posted by Gums
Secondly, our primitive system did not require full stick forward or back to command max AoA. As with the 'bus, it was a gee command, and of approx one gee per 4 pounds of stick pressure ( no movement, just pressure sensors), limited by AoA, so at max AoA all we could command was one gee even with 34 pounds of back stick pressure! In short, we could have duplicated the crash into the trees if power-limited and too slow. Hence my question about the throttle implementation.
Gums-re, the underlined portion:
That would only apply to level flight. I would hope you could still pull a fractional g load if headed straight up and needing to ease the nose over-
A related question however:
Did your system allow you to pull right into buffet, or did it keep you out of the buffet boundary? How much of your ultimate potential performance did it let you have? Did some Vipers turn a little bit better than others?
I ask this from the vantage point of a Phantom Pflyer where if the outer wing panels weren't shaking, you were not asking for maximum performance!

I'd think that the A320 would not be allowed to enter the buffet boundary to keep from scaring the cargo, but I could be wrong. (Normal Law)

Buffet would more likely be encountered in clean configuration if it is possible to achieve the buffet boundary.
With flaps/slats down, there may not be a buffet boundary or a very minimal one.

Last edited by Machinbird; 12th Jan 2014 at 01:23. Reason: Add qualifier