PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferry Pilot jobs/careers
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2014, 22:23
OhNoCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the CPL, the IR, the hours for insurance and the oceanic crossings for similar reasons (assuming you are looking to do it seriously and do the trans oceanic stuff). A lot of the endorsements I would say are more dependent on what exactly you are doing. If you get a job ferrying particularly equipped aircraft for a particular company then some of them I might agree with, but for more ad hoc ferrying I wouldn't say you would need them all, and quite a few can be exempted from for unique flights. I have to admit I have never heard of an icing endorsement or BRNAV endorsements, can you tell me more? I fly an BRNAV FIKI aircraft and while it is true that the aircraft is endorsed as such, I have nothing in my logbook to show for it. Anyway.

Just to raise one more point, the question of whether it can be done with a PPL has caused arguments in the past, but it can be answered quite simply if you ask yourself do you want to earn money? If you do, then you are legally required to hold a CPL at least for this type of flying.