PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot & Aviation Industry in 2014 - a disgrace?
Old 11th Jan 2014, 21:22
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truckflyer

2 solutions

buy lots of lottery tickets/change career

I am so used to my expectations being unfulfilled in this industry that I did something really radical. . . . . . I opened my eyes, & I looked at the rest of the world outside of the world of aircraft driving.

And, guess what ? the rest of the world (unless you are into politics/financing/property scams . . .well, certainly in Spain usually all 3 simultaneously seems to be best) is being anally penetrated as roughly as us.

I love flying, but am woefully dissapointed in the general level of respect this profession commands. The general "prostituting" of ourselves that P2F etc etc has promoted this last 15 years has certainly done nothing to give cause for respect, but the seeds have been sown many years ago.

How many companies I have worked for where most pilots were pathetic little self serving mice.

Teamwork/leadership/good moral character . . .Yeah, great "keywords" for your BA interview, but, regretably when you try to translate it into a"real world" situation, encompassing sticking together to object to & reject ridiculous management propositions , pilots in general are "chocolate teapots".

Inbetween this, & the invariable influence of a management/Union that are intertwined together in a "trusting partnership" that includes the dubious synergy of enjoying a pint in the "lodge", is it any wonder that we have (as an industry) just sat back & watched ourselves being shafted ever deeper each year.

Thank Christ I do STILL actually enjoy the task of taking a piece of tin from A to B, there is nothing much else in our profession I could commend to any potential entrant.