PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2003, 13:02
axiom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaunty;

I believe Murphie's profile will be out in the AOPA magazine so no need to post here. I am sure he will OK woomera to print it with the others that none of us have seen yet.

Maxima;

Murphie emailed 4 of the area reps seeking input to his proposal and the correspondence was subsequently directed to the Secretary who promptly put him on notice of legal action for some sort of gross indecency.

I believe the offending email to the reps has been reprinted a day or two ago.

Ron Lawford who was canvassed replied to Murphie on March 25th saying " Bob, The idea seems to have merit. it could go to the Board for consideration. There does seem to be a problem with putting it to the AGM directly". Further, he (Ron), emailed the Secretary saying, "I think this could be flagged to the AGM as a proposal the Board will consider over the next 12 months".

Now Hamilton is openly supporting the concept, it is a lousy idea.

Bugga it all, if you blokes can't see any merit in the idea, tell Murphie and let him ammend, alter, reincarnate or dispense with the whole idea. He has been actively canvassing input for over a month now on various forums and only because someone you don't like supports him, lets sink the project.

Some of you blokes make me sick !