PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2014, 15:23
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrogant and patronising tone of captain was a reoccurring theme throughout the 45 mins. This guy was clearly lacking in life skills and an appreciation of anyone who has a background in anything other than flying.
You may well be aware of the fact that this is a funny old job and a very strange working environment. It's not university, it's not an office. Day in and day out though training you are one on one with a teacher/examiner in a quite alien and intense environment and that does come as a surprise to some folks. I've seen (military) students "hang up their headsets" after 10 -15 hours or less with the admission that the job really wasn't what they thought it was going to be and they really weren't enjoying their place of work.

BA/the FTOs are looking to allocate a precious resource. I suspect if I had been in that captain's shoes I would have been investigating the same point, the one that G-FORC3 has already made - " how could you know for certain that you want to be a pilot if you've never even had a trial lesson before?"

In case I lack life skills I hope that doesn't sound arrogant or patronising, and no, before anybody asks, it wasn't me asking the questions