PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2014, 10:09
Cactusjack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still remember as a kid moving to FNQ in the 70's. Family friend was an AN Captain, who shift swapped for the day so he could fly us north for our big move. All four of our family got a jump seat on his 727 that day, aircraft went BNE/TSV/CNS, I got the take-off out of TSV. It was the moment that aviation entered my blood stream. After that, even as a kid, ol mate Captain would box up and send me old flight manuals, books, old exams, the lot! Buggered if I knew what an 8 year old was going to learn, but I would thumb through the spines for hours and hours. On reflection I still remember learning new words such as airfoil, bogey and slats. I never ever forgot that!

A priceless experience, life changing to be totally honest, but an experience that could never be had today.
Sadly I have become a disgruntled ol bastard, having ridden the aviation roller coaster of ups and downs, but this thread along with some relived childhood memories has lightened my heart and mood (even if temporary) and reminded me of some great great times indeed