PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 11th Jan 2014, 09:28
papawhiskeyfoxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me realise my dream

People of pprune, if possible I would appreciate some serious advice.
Like many of us I have always dreamed of being a pilot, I wouldn't quite call this an obsession but it is certainly a burning desire, and I do want to do it as a career.
Background information, I am in my early 30's and already have a relatively well paying career. I have made the choice to stay in the family home and save very hard for 10 years, this has meant a lot of sacrifice, and for me this was better than doing local modular with a poor training organisation. I am now in the fortunate position of being able to afford either modular or integrated training, I have passed my class 1 medical and gapan aptitude tests.
If I am going to spend my life savings then I want to give myself the maximum chances of successfully getting a cadet ship at the end followed by a long career at first officer and hopefully captain level.
I sometimes feel that a lot of pruners don't respect the cost of the training, or the nature of the industry, I do, and it scares me. I have a degree in mathematics and physics, and am currently doing my ppl for fun.

I've contacted many airlines but can't get any dialogue going.

Is there anybody in the know who can advise me, either on this thread or by pm on the best route for success. I will relocate and do whatever is necessary for a bright shining light at the end of the tunnel.