PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American to lay off 2500 pilots
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2003, 10:13
RRAAMJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

767300er,

I've tried to use reasonable language when posting with you....

Your last sentence was completely out of order. At no time have I said "...I'm entitled to...", and I've NEVER objected to legal immigrants to my country, or Americans flying for carriers overseas.

I understand the difficult situation you are in, but I'm distressed that you would resort that kind of cheap shot, behind the anonimity of a keyboard. You intimate that any "entitlement" rights belong only to ex-TWA pilots of white, US, descent.

I immigrated to the US long before I joined AA - I flew for your Air Force on exchange. I know several US citizens flying for European carriers, and I've never even considered objecting to them, and yes, I've been furloughed in Europe - you get on with life and don't burn bridges or make incredibly pond-life remarks about others that you've never met.

The more I read your last paragraph, the more dissappointed I am; let's hope you don't come across to the many "foreigners" reading these forums that you represent the average American.

I know I would be ashamed to have written your words, no matter how unjust I thought my current situation to be.