PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ A380 emergency landing in Baku due to low cabin pressure
Old 11th Jan 2014, 04:29
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stick by my comments today commercial pressures override safety and customer service in our industry.
Had the decission been been made when it should have to divert then the outcome would have cost the airline less. The big one safety and customer service.
Not so pianokeys, the crew are just as concerned for their safety as they are for yours, any doubt and they would have dumped fuel and landed. The FO may well have, "just walked" by, he could hear for himself and any detailed inspection would have told him nothing useful that wasn't already evident on the flight deck.
From my personal experience, where safety is concerned, SIA company policy does not allow for any corner cutting or commercial pressure to be applied to crews, they are a very big and very solvent company with millions, if not billions in reserves. What Nigel said earlier about every so often one in several million flights will go wrong is very true, one tiny drawback to air travel and considering the alternatives an acceptable one.

awblaine - It isn't called the Dugong for nothing!

Last edited by parabellum; 12th Jan 2014 at 00:33.