PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-200 V1 cut
Thread: 737-200 V1 cut
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 21:49
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REGARDING the V1 call being started at V1 minus 5. I assure you this is the case at my rather large airline. It has been the case for many, many years.

AS to the paperwork supporting it, I've long since thrown it away as it has been on every sim ride for at least 15 years and possibly more.

I see the need for it and the rhyme and reason are very clear. I don't know anyone at boeing, but the people who sign my checks said they got it from boeing. Our airline has many boeing planes and I have no reason to doubt my airline. And thousands of our pilots do it that way.

AS to the simulators, calling them high tech gadgets is like calling a cute girl a bird. It is a bit of slang.

AND as you say, the offending simulator was coming online circa 1987/88. I don't even think we were saying online back then in the same context.

THE whole point of this thread was to help a new pilot to fly a very old plane and old simulator.

LETS ask the original poster if anything did help him pass his checkride.

OH, I further researched the V1 minus 5 business. Did an online search. Found a PPRUNE thread from about a dozen years or so ago. READ the last post.

V1 or V1 minus 5kt callout? [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums

Last edited by glendalegoon; 11th Jan 2014 at 00:26.