PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF recruitment
Thread: RAF recruitment
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 20:08
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
I am a "today's officer" and there's nothing wrong with the Mess - so what if you have to buy a dressing gown to go to the loo, you're living in a Rothschild Mansion rather than a soul-less box like Daedalus at Cranwell or that carbuncle they've built at Winterbourne Gunner!

I don't see the issue with the Rock's doing their Recruit Trg at Honington as the main output is FP (now with the Police with the move out of Henlow).

I don't see the issue with Halton continuing to do Recruit Trg when the numbers are as they are and it is so very expensive and not cost effective to move it when there are also other lodger units at Halton (plus being adjacent to the much smaller HQAir).

Whilst there are miniscule amounts of new officers going through Cranwell's IOT, it does so much more. All of RAF EFT (16 and soon 57 Sqn) and 3FTS with 45 Sqn to boot. OASC as well as HQ Air Cadets. I also hear rumours that RAFCAM from Henlow may well be moving there (makes sense). I just don't see the room for Recruit Trg without HUGE uneccessary expense in new infrastructure?

LJ