PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 17:31
Chugalug2

Received 227 Likes on 70 Posts
Very 70's interiors, Warmtoast, with 'earth colours' in abundance! I trust you had the long hair and flared jeans to match;-). How important was the Hi Fi set up then! Mine was a Lenco deck, Pioneer tuner amp, Sony compact cassette player and Pioneer speakers in Changi village supplied enclosures. The LP albums had to be sorted through, appropriate ones being selected and played in turn. Rather more thought and effort required than choosing "Playlist #3"!

Very enterprising of you to photograph your home for recalling much later. We revisited ours at Hullavington 25 years after it was our first home together, thanks to the kindness of the Ghurkha officer and his family then in occupation. Rooms were either much larger or smaller than remembered, but now with a modern kitchen and bathroom, and no longer heated from the kitchen coke stove (for hot water) or the lounge backboiler fitted fire (for the main bedroom radiator) but by North Sea Gas. It was greatly improved.

Danny, glad to hear that you enjoyed the Dambusters video. T'internet is a wondrous thing, is it not? Your mention of the F104 recalls an Air Display at Saint Truiden in 1971. All the NATO teams did their party pieces one after the other, vying with a rapidly descending cloud base to boot. The finale was an entire Belgian Wing of said beasts fired up in the woods, where was their abode, and taxiing onto the ORP where they waited in echelon formation. Finally the leader brought up the rear, but taxied to pole position on the runway. The entire wing then formed up in close formation behind him and, on his command, rolled together in that formation on Take Off. The noise, with all in reheat, was deafening, and they promptly disappeared into the murk. What they did or where they went thereafter I know not, for that was the end of the show. Some fat lady!