PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 14:58
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
@conf

WRT to my comment about getting max performance when commanding max performance in the Viper....

In theory, the Airbus is not different, as the procedure is to rely on the protections to get the most out of it, but as I wrote earlier :
What strikes me is how in Habsheim, New-York or Bilbao, the pitch authority has been compromised by features built into the system, whenever the aerodynamic had still more to deliver
Which features compromise the pilot's command for max performance?

I also wonder if there were connections with the throttle implementation ( think Asiana) that the pilot did not expect, hence trying to "re-cycle" the system?

Secondly, our primitive system did not require full stick forward or back to command max AoA. As with the 'bus, it was a gee command, and of approx one gee per 4 pounds of stick pressure ( no movement, just pressure sensors), limited by AoA, so at max AoA all we could command was one gee even with 34 pounds of back stick pressure! In short, we could have duplicated the crash into the trees if power-limited and too slow. Hence my question about the throttle implementation.

Thanks ahead of time.