PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 13:10
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it is looking like EI A330-300 is spot on about Ryanair and Warsaw Modlin and Krakow from Cork for sumer 2014. Both routes remain unbookable from Cork whilst on the other hand both destinations are now bookable from Shannon.

Let me exclude the snn factor here a moment - to my mind this is one of the most overall threatening turn of events in a long time to Cork and even more than the incompentence that brought about the ending of a very successful Cork to Rome service and the very near loss of an equally worthwhile Cork to Lisbon service.

What is it? Is it snn dangling every sort of incentive under the sun to Ryanair, or is Ryanair trying to force Cork's hand for lower charges and airport handling fees etc, or is it maybe another display by the Cork Airport folk not having their eye enough on the ball and not seeing this one coming - now I do not know how high up Jack 1985 may be on the food chain at Cork but if his recent comment saying that he would not be worried about Krakow and Modlin had a broader parish amongst parties of the CAA one could see how the ball may have been dropped at Cork?

By the way, when are the Cork Hurling team and party returning to De Real Capital?