PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The way we were - Ansett, TAA, Qantas
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 12:04
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh God. The footage of Juliet Bravo with the tail cam caused me to melt down. How many times I flew on flight deck on TJB with Ken Collins in command, Wayne Rawlins as F/O and Moss derby as F/E I struggle to recall.

According to boomer TJB was never quite the same after a CAT incident between ADL and PER. According to Boeing the PIC managed to save the aeroplane in what was in their books a hull loss. Putting the nose down and riding it out. Crew and passengers slammed into the ceiling and cutlery lodged in the roof lining. One F/A with a serious back injury.

The other ads also took me back to a gentler time but the one ad campaign I have to apologise for is the Ansett "Absolutely" campaign.

I was cut loose from my beloved East West after the bodgie conspired on behalf of the Fat Bastardo to delay deregulation to nab us and was working on checkin with the good peoples of AN Adelaide. Ansett were filming a training/motivational video at the worst possible time when the place was frantic.

Camera is in my face as I am checking in a pair of sweet young thangs and I am using the bull**** lines I built my Airport career on. One asks " can you check our bags all the way through to Rockhampton?" I answered "absolutely" followed by "you can pick up your bags in Perth when you arrive in Cairns".

In the next 3 checkins I was filmed for the a word was used twice.

Three months later the absolutely campaign began.

So where are the royalties? oh - yeah - right!

Thank you for the trip Paragraph.

It is sad you didn't have some East West stuff in there. We at Eeenie Weenie loved our little fiesty Airline and would possibly still have been here if not for the aforementioned conspiracy.

Eyes are nearly dry. Who screwed our world?

Best all

EWL

Now Knight Flight Travel Managers

Same numbers apply