PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2014, 02:56
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
After visiting last Sunday to pick up a friend from T3, two observations:

The enormous (and greatly improved T3 car park is still only served by one lane! There are three entry gates (only 2 working at 15:45 on 5th Jan) but it is one lane - with the second lane people forcing their way in when they discover that two lanes do NOT go to the car park. Or, more likely, they know it does not go but they can queue jump ... As far as I can currently see, the number of lanes supplying the T3 park are unlikely to change.

Seeing the progerss of T2, I decided to look for information on the website. There was and I learnt two things.

Firstly that the PR people have drivelled all over it and that they are children who have not been educated in the English language (I know I'm old but they really have shown themselves up) with a photograph of an expanse of roof, Heathrow: Gallery (5) | The iconic roof of Terminal 2 the caption starts:
Terminal 2's iconic roof nears completion.
Hhmm, even with the contemporary redifinition of 'iconic' that is pushing it.

Secondly, looking inside: Heathrow: Gallery (10) | Inside Terminal 2B
There is confirmation that they are continuing to use the small and cheaper flat panel screens for flight information. I won't bore you too much, as this subject has been discussed but:
  • You have to stand very close to them to read
  • This causes bunching of people, rather than allowing folks to be spaced out.
  • You are not able to sit to one side and leave the floor clear - as you then need binoculars to read the screens.
  • Of course, I doubt that you are able to sit to one side - or anywhere ...