PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot & Aviation Industry in 2014 - a disgrace?
Old 10th Jan 2014, 00:40
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is no poor me tirade, I don't have issue with this, there is no self-pity in my eyes. I am actually one of the few that have been lucky, most will not achieve this.

Besides there are some things in your post, that you are referring to that I have not a clue what is about, whatever that is, think you are mixing me up with someone else.

Still matter of fact is that the industry is in serious decline, and look around yourself, unless you are in one of the few companies left with fair conditions, there is not much left to smile about.

Now I am in the lucky situation that I can make double captain salary working as a FO part time, if I chose to do that, however most are not that fortunate!

A quick question, you seem to have many theories of why everything is like it is, but you don't seem to have much to say about how it could improve, you prefer just to go with the flow, whatever happens will happen, regardless - so pilots might as well just cave in, and accept that the job is continuing it's massive downward spiral for the majority, while there remain a few privileged that can gloat of their 6 figure salaries.

Than again 6 figure salaries are also relative, I mean 6 figure salaries in Brazil, is not exactly the same as a 6 figure salary in the UK or EU land.

However these few, just need to wait until they also have to bite the bullet, look at SAS, Austrian etc.

I would prefer some progressive thoughts, instead of the constant hamster wheel replies from certain posters!
Do you honestly think I am some kind of ****, who have against all odds achieved what I have achieved in relative short time? Seriously, some seem hellbent on killing the topic, instead moving forward, or is it definitive, we accept it is doom and gloom!