PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot & Aviation Industry in 2014 - a disgrace?
Old 10th Jan 2014, 00:10
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truckflyer (and all of the various incarnations of username that you have used before.) This has been a recurring theme since day one. No matter what anybody says to you, if it doesn't fit in with your narrow viewpoint of the world, you simply launch into one of your "poor me" tirades. You did this when you were training, you did this when you were looking for a job, you did this when you found one. You did the same when you started work, and now surprisingly unhappy with your lot, you are back doing it again!

Fine! Tell it as you see it. However you were offered plenty of advice over the years which you decided to ignore. That isn't my fault. It isn't anyone else's fault. Your choices are your decision. If long winded whining sessions on here are therapeutic, then they must serve a useful purpose. It was you, not me, that proclaimed that your chief pilot was already telling you to "wind your neck in" when you had only been in employment for 10 minutes. I wonder why? You shout from the rooftops how "shambolic" training, selection procedures, cadets, regulations, and almost everything else is, ad nauseum. Hardly surprising when you refused to listen to anything other than your own opinion and often tortured logic, year in and year out.

If you don't like it, then find something better. If you can't do that, then consider going to back to training tigers or flogging watches or whatever brings in the big bucks for you. I don't think I have ever read the tortured ministrations of somebody so singularly unhappy with their lot, as you seem to have displayed on these forums, and for such a long time.

I cannot decide whether these ranting replies are a justification for a decision you are about to make, or are having made for you? However I can tell you that for all the realities, for many young pilots (and old ones) there are still good careers to be found. So no, it isn't a disgrace. However for the X-factor generation of Getta licence, wanna Job, reality is often going to be messy. You can't always avoid the pitfalls, but being in pure denial about them cannot be the best travel plan.

You ask a question and now you have answered it yourself. Mere rhetoric, and no different from almost every other post since you started training.