PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young pilot applies for a job using YouTube
Old 9th Jan 2014, 20:13
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does that old saying go again? Oh yeah; "never buy a type rating without a job lined up" otherwise you may have to resort to begging online.
I'm amazed they can keep getting people to pay out all the money, just to go into an industry that is racing to the bottom at a faster rate everyday.... ...How do they keep getting these people? If I had less morals, I might start my own flight school.
Exactly!

Furthermore, he started flight training in...drum roll please...: 2009!!

What a genius! The world almost went bankrupt in 2008 and he starts training for a job in an industry that traditionally is one of the first casualties in an economic downturn and one of the last ones to recover during an economic upswing, only one year later! But hey, he got an average of 99,3% for the ATPL theory and has all kinds of cool graphs about "being immune to stress" and "knowledge building" on his resume.

I wonder how the graph looks for the common sense part.... Oh wait, I guess that's not part of any high school education, flight school selection process or pilot training anymore...

Yeah go ahead and flame away for me being "negative," "cynical" and "sarcastic." I call it being realistic, a.k.a. situational awareness!