PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737-200 V1 cut
Thread: 737-200 V1 cut
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2014, 19:59
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Going to the internet for answers isn't the optimum solution when they should be addressed by his instructor, training partner, or experienced pilots within his organization

Concur .. in an ideal world .. which doesn't exist.

Reality is that the general level of technical knowledge in the Industry is highly variable and a lot of folks who should know a lot more than they do .. simply don't.

The net always presents the problem of discriminating between competent advice and waffly garbage and, I guess, that will be the way it stays.

However, knowing the IDs of some of the folk who play in Tech Log .. I have to say that, were readers buying their professional advice out in the real world on a consultancy basis .. it would be costing a pretty penny.

If we were to list the technical degrees, doctorates etc., held by members of the group it would be a long list. Indeed, we have a number of folk who hold serious university professorial chairs .. one doesn't get their advice cheaply out in the real world and, here, we get it for free because they are interested in what we talk about.

Not for me to say who is who .. but, in general, the discriminating reader ought have not too much trouble sorting the wheat from the chaff. If something too silly for words gets put up for consideration, usually one of the competent folk will gently (and, sometimes, not terribly so) urge a more appropriate view ...

The relevant areas of PPRuNe, overall, offer a VERY valuable source of competent knowledge bases.