PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atpl ground study
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2014, 11:00
byrondaf

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
CATS groundschool

ctbrown92 and for anyone else considering CATS, this is my honest assessment so far. (8 passed 0 failed, 6 left)

It's great for people close to Gatwick, for those with full time jobs, and also for people who enjoy reading stuff. And it's good value. The brush up courses are excellent, the instructors are very good at getting things to sink in, they always respond to email questions and provide good explanations.

The only thing for me, is that I've felt that if I hadn't supplemented the CATS stuff with Oxford CD-ROMs for those tricky subjects (met and gen nav for me) then I think I wouldn't have done so well in the exams. You really need to use more than just the CATS notes to do well (in MY opinion). Combine their notes with SOME of the Oxford stuff and of course the Bristol QB and then you will sail through the exams. I find interactive learning easier so each to their own.

Maybe this is the same for every distance learning course, but then I guess nobody would know about more than 1...if you're not based around London, I probably wouldn't suggest CATS specifically in favour of another organisation closer to home that can provide the same thing.