PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United internal fleet codes?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2014, 15:22
Bandley3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am seeking this information on behalf of my boss who is working on a sales project. We may be somewhat close to UA, but we don't want to ask questions that may put us at a disadvantage in the bid. I doubt that there is anything highly confidential about this information since the configurations of the various aircraft are publicly available, but condensing all sources of info down into "UA-speak" via a simple list of IATA-to-UA codes would just make life that much simpler, for this project and others going forward. Why they can't either a) use standard codes, or b) provide an appropriate translation, is beyond my ability to understand. Sales is a far different world than operations, to say the least.

This is the same airline that, according to some of their documentation, flies 4 weeks a month; what they do during the other 4 weeks of the year are never explained. Given this last bit of confusion, the fact that they didn't provide proper aircraft type information comes as no great surprise.