PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 8th Jan 2014, 14:09
K1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visual Exam 1st class medical

Anyone flying in QR knows if there's a restriction on corrected vision. After looking thru the Qatar regulations in regards de visual exam for 1st class medical certificate, it states:

Applicants shall be considered fit with respect to refractive errors if they meet the following requirements:
(1) Refractive error
(i) At the initial examination the refractive error shall not exceed ±3 dioptres (see paragraph 2 (a) Appendix 13 to Subpart B).

APPENDIX 13 TO SUBPARTS B AND C VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
(See QCAR - MED 215, 220, 335 and 340)
1. Refraction of the eye and functional performance shall be the index for assessment.
(a) Class 1. If the refractive error is within the range ±5 dioptres the designated body or institution may consider Class 1 certification if:
(1) no significant pathology can be demonstrated;
(2) optimal correction has been considered.

Wanted to know if there is any pilot who has a refractive error greater than -5 when they joined QR. I want to know if exceptions are made, don't want to quit job and have my medical certificate denied because if this requirement. Thanks for your help.