PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA?
Thread: BA?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2014, 13:47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yorkshire_Pud
The other problem is DEP is finished for the foreseeable future.
I think to an extent that may be close to the truth. However we are just taking on some A320 pilots, and I'd be pretty confident in future we'll be taking more. Plus very likely B777 rated guys at some point.

Those types may not suit many, but it is DEP recruitment, and the employer will decide who brings most bang for their buck.
Many of today's cadets will be bidding for LH 5 years from now I suspect.
True, but that doesn't mean they will achieve a LH position. That all depends on vacancies at the time. Many of those vacancies may previously have been filled by DEPs. That happens!

Emma
By the time one gets their command in BA, one is likely to have had at least 10 years in the LHS at EK.
That's a very fair point, and one which would definitely sway many towards, the sandpit. The two jobs are very different. Hard cash and rapid transition to LHS of heavy metal on the one hand, against 'just culture' and western employment values and principles on the other.

It comes down to individual choice which has to be good. That choice itself will depend on one's own position within the employment 'marketplace'. Also age will be a factor.

It's difficult to argue either is better, as they are simply so different.

Personally I quite like Dubai. I used to love taking a pair of Rolls Royces there for the weekend. Then coming home!