PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Menzies/Servisair/swissport EZY Contract
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2014, 10:39
speedbird_481_papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Menzies/Servisair/swissport EZY Contract

Further to a thread I replied here I am starting a thread which will potentially affect Ground Handlers at a couple of airports where Menzies have recently lost the contract to handle easyJet, most notably at Bristol, where people affected can ask questions to which they are unsure about.

I do have a question. I had an interview yesterday to keep my current position I hold in Menzies for the exact equivalent position within Servisair. My question is if I am not successful with Servisair as there are not enough positions availabe, and I haven't personally received in writing that my contract with Menzies will be terminated at 2359 on the 21JAN14, could I still arrive for work with Menzies on the 22JAN14 because I still legally have a valid contract with them and expect to get paid by Menzies as like I said i still hold a valid contract because I haven't been told anything to the contrary?

Also if I don't become successful with my application, could I then take both Menzies and Servisair to an unfair dismal hearing? Even though Servisair is NOT acknowledging TUPE and Menzies have said only verbally that we will not have a job on the 22JAN at the advice of Menzies. Redundancy is apparently not an option, even though alternative employment has NOT been offered to us.

Thanks for your advice with this in advance all and I am sure that this will help others.

Kind Regards and good luck to all those who are and will be affected by this stressful period,

Speedbird