PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2014, 08:24
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Godwin's Law be damned.

My family kept 6 Jews in their house with the Gestapo living next door in occupied Europe. My grandmother had a new TV delivered to her door from the US every year from 1946 until she died. My Uncle had his head shaved every time he went to school because he was branded a collaborator - his family couldn't share food with the resistance as they had 6 secret mouths to feed. He committed suicide later in life as a direct result of that.

So I know a little about 'Ze Germans'.

What 'Ze Germans' from that particular point in history teach us is the catastrophic failures 'Group Think' on a grand scale cause. The NAZI's made every possible management mistake you could conceivably make. Why is it that in a 'Scientologist' type argument you can automatically use 'Ze Germans' to belittle an opponents argument? Take away the Holocaust and you have one of the best examples of well documents managerial f&&ck ups you could possibly have.

I see great management parallels in the QF disaster - and in fact many management screw ups in the Nazi regime. The holocaust is a separate issue. And I believe my family suffered enough for me to point that out to people. Don't lose sight of the lessons of history.