PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2003, 20:20
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
distractions and missinformation

John Lyon.

Read the articles. Only a dimwit could interpret them to mean this Board can control the size of the next. How do you interpret them???

You can't, and many of us out here in 'member land' won't let you. Remember two things Mr Lyon, singly and severally liable and 'no directors insurance'.

So, before you try to manipulate the outcome of the next election by thinking you can control how many get elected, get some advice!!!! AOPA is not an aero club, it is a vital part of the regulatory process and protection for members. It is my view you are not up to that task.

In my view that attempted manipulation is dishonest, corrupt and probably illegal.

What will suit me is if the members decide how many should be on the Board by way of the articles. It isn't up to you to try and dictate it. If that can't change (because you, the Board, (well McKeown, Hamilton and Lyon anyway) told Richard Rudd not to support the motion because I put it), it is up to the next Board to decide how big it is, it certainly isn't up to you.

As for you showing some honour and standing, I never expected it. You stood before in a contested election and were soundly defeated. If you stood now you would be defeated again, I am sure of that. It is my view that you add no value whatsoever to AOPA and should stand aside. It is also my view that you are only in AOPA to further your own interests.
If the new Board deides to change its numbers I fully expect that you, as the only 'unelected' member, will be the first to go.

And, in my view, not too soon either!!!

Hermias. In answer to your 'sponsored' question.

Yes it is a team. Yes we all gave Pagani permission to call it a team, and yes we will all work together for the members, just for a change.

AK