PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot training school in BC
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2014, 03:13
MyMeowCat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with matthewlai's comments. I'm taking the PPL one and I think the only thing someone can give you a firm price on is ground school lectures and books. Like university: once you paid the tuition then it is up to you how many hours you want to study --- it will still cost you the same.

Flight training is unlike university courses in that you have to rent the airplane hourly to learn and pay for instructor time. If you have any difficulty at any lesson then you will have to rent the plane for more lessons until you are proficient.

Keep in mind too that if you are disappointed with the school you chose then you can change schools too. Funny story: In the place I'm training at right now there was some students who did not want to do flight training there because they disliked the instructors so they went to another school. A few days later while getting ready for a flight I saw some other students enrolling in my school because they didn't like the instruction from the school they were going to

The other thing you should look for in the school is availability. If you want to get all that stuff done in one year then it may not be wise to go to a busy school where you can only fly once per week.