PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair pilot recruitment open day in Kiev
Old 7th Jan 2014, 21:32
Anunaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B767PL

Good evening, try to look at it from this perspective;

-Wizzair isn't strange, Wizzair owe us nothing!

Meaning, like many other businesses,Wizzair added to it's corporate responsibility the promise, to try and invest and create local jobs,in the markets they operate.They call themselves "The Local airline" ,However, profits come first, and as they expand,how can we define "local" in few years time?how Irish is Ryanair nowadays?
This is the EU and I feel that perhaps you shouldn't feel "frustrated" when Wizzair doesn't offer a Polish national a job,when there are thousands of Polish citizens being offered jobs in Britain,France,Germany etc, and locals are left on the dole.It is part of our agreement .I accept it,so should you,don't you think?
I've worked in recruitment before, and I have offered jobs to Polish girls at my airline as cabin crew,very intelligent and hard working people.
Using that logic, maybe it should have gone to British citizens instead, even tho the Polish were better on the day?In 2007 we had a recruitment drive,7000 applications…how many have applied to Wizzair I wonder?crisis,no jobs…think about it!
You might think you had it all,you met and even exceeded the requirements in the past 3 years,obviously the recruiter saw something else, and you don't know how many people,how many other Polish speakers applied and how qualified they were do you?Wizzair does...Please Do not take this wrong, I am not putting you down.
I once needed to be told by someone the same thing and now I feel less angry.I feel that I have to do my best,resilience and persistence will get me there.I would suggest,for you to sit down with some friends,the ones that are brutally honest to you,and re-write your CV/Cover letter,then get a 3rd,4th opinion if necessary.Stop thinking like that " I am better and they got the job and I didn't.." that's negative and won't help you see what have you done wrong in order to correct it. Wish you all the luck.
I understand how frustrating it can be but it is what it is.Industry deregulation, airlines and FTO's greed, students naivety and stupidity, Pay-to-fly, we can argue all night the reason but the best way is to keep the chin up and keep trying.