PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP - post your questions here.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2014, 19:23
52N030W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA ATP TO FAA ATP

Hi there.

I spend a lot of time to get familiar to the FAA system - but there are still some ..... here are some facts and figures:

holding the following license,

EASA / JAR ATPL
PIC A318 - 321
PIC B757 / B767
all valid, including a valid medical certificate

My total experience reads about 10.000h therefrom about 4.500 as PIC.

As there is a major change announced in FAA land, after July 31st, I'd like to "convert" my EASA ATP into an FAA ATP.

This is my scheme:

1st. Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification.

2nd Taking the FAA ATP knowledge exam under part 121.
(Can anybody recommend any books, websites, other stuff to prepare ?) and,
(Do I need a FAA medical before doing the written test?)
(which test center do you recommend?)

3rd now I have plenty much time (24 month) to do a check ride, either on Airbus or Boeing, correct?

Let's assume it works and the above mentioned steps are correct. What would be the next steps? Should I go to a flight school, like Pan Am, and asking for some training on the specific type the pass the check ride?

For me it doesn't matter whether it is an full ATP or an restricted to fly Airbus only.
But, is it true that holders of an FAA ATP are allowed to conduct training on the specific type? Preferable on the type which is added to your license, without holding any instructor certificate?
In other words, if I would be a holder of a valid ATP including Airbus or Boeing type rating it would allow me to do training in a simulator, class D under FAA regulations?

Many, many thanks !!!!!