PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of play at MyTravel/Kestrel
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2003, 18:21
codpiece face

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible that this topic can now be put to bed, I am sick of misinformed people telling me that this company is to stop flying or to go bust.

It is clear from history that companies such as these can be talked into bankruptcy. The most common way is for the bankers to lose their nerve and pull the plug. It has been widely reported that the credit facilities have been extended to the end of the year. All this really leaves is for a company to be talked down so much that consumers decide to book with other companies in fear of loosing their holiday. We are in a position where a lot of the public have no idea which company is which, although this is changing with the internet and LCA and self tailored holidays.

This all smells like dirty tricks to me, and I am surprised that no one has the bottle to say it. It is fair to say that a lot of people think their jobs will be safer with one of the big four out the picture. I am sure this will not be the case, people had better be careful about what they wish for. As I started with, unless there is anything more to say that is constructive can we all leave it alone now and let the employees try to do their jobs without this big grey cloud hanging over them.