PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 7th Jan 2014, 14:08
Contractpilot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that we all agree that the company's actions regarding the unstable approach are justified. Hard-enough said it well by pointing out the rigid policy on this at FD. Rightly so, I say. And yes, the video reproduction of the fight is available from the safety department. IT'S NO SECRET WHAT HAPPENED HERE. THE COMPANY WANTS IT KNOWN. The safety department has an honest open door policy when it comes to, well, safety issues.. All are welcome. It's a point of education in order to prevent similar incidents.

Again, the guy who got his command taken away for the nonsense line check failure has been wronged by the company. Plain and simple. There isn't an organization worth a grain of salt that would have not at the very least just given him a re-check before chopping him altogether. It's true, we don't have all the facts, but I'm informed well enough around here by those who actually do have access to the facts that this is FD BS gone way too far. If this place doesn't get some good solid standardization and leadership in training, it's not going to survive.