PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working for Rex - opinions/comments?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2014, 06:44
Stoofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I worked for REX for 5 years out of Syd, left 2 years ago.

Albury is an easy base by REX standards. All day trips. The duties I remember were,

ABX-SYD-OAG-SYD-ABX
ABX-SYD-ABX-SYD-ABX
ABX-MEL-ABX-MEL-ABX

As well as this there were some single returns to MEL or SYD.

Combination of early starts and afternoon starts. You will tend to work 4 or 5 days a week. 8 days off a month, the other days off are made up by stby days you are not called on.

A problem of recent times has been due to a lack of Captains they are rostering country based skippers to do multi day trips out of the SYD and MEL hubs. Which is good for some extra cash but is also a pain for family people. I'm not sure how prevalent it is currently as there was a fair amount of resistance from crews.

As a line skipper in ABX you would probably gross around 95k - 100k. More if you are willing to work on days off.

Above all this you need to get an Albury base allocation. I'm not sure if REX are doing DEC's however if you did get one I doubt you would get an ABX base immediately. I would expect it to take at least 2 years, there are some old Hazo and Kendall guys down there that are part of the furniture.

REX is VERY different to Qlink. Expect a higher workload and less support. It still carries a lot of the old Hazo bush airline doctrine, just tarted up.

Last of all, financially she is very stable, unless the king pin decides to offload her to someone else. I hate to say it, however the reason the airline is so strong financially is largely because of LKH.

PM me if you have any other q's