PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ A380 emergency landing in Baku due to low cabin pressure
Old 6th Jan 2014, 20:49
ExSp33db1rd

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Passenger Terri Mann, said that she had to sleep on a "cold steel bench" with her 17-month old child, and that there were no "food places" at the airport. ............................ Another passenger Mark Franklin wrote that the handling of the incident was "terrible". "It's not acceptable to not have even very basic refreshment or information for almost 500 people," he added.
My God ! what planet do pax come from these days ?

Singapore Airlines must immediately amend the Emergency Descent checklist - the first item being ....." Does the selected emergency landing airport have facilities to cope with the,different, personal requirements of 500 passengers ? If not do nothing and let fate take its course."

I wonder how many soft, warm benches did Terri Mann expect in Heaven - or the alternative - had they not safely landed at Baku ?

Does she and the quoted Mark Franklin expect every airline that they fly with, to have beds and meals for 500 pax.at every airport in World that they might pass en route, just in case they have to land there in an emergency ?

'bout time the Darwin Awards became more effective.

Instead of Security Checks, airports should present passengers with an affidavit to sign i.e. "In the event of an inflight emergency beyond our control, do you agree to a bit of discomfort whilst the problem is sorted out, or would you rather die ?"

One would weep, but it won't make any difference.