PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ A380 emergency landing in Baku due to low cabin pressure
Old 6th Jan 2014, 20:28
Capetonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reader comment from the DM on this incident:

I remember one particular flight once where the pilot had taken off too quickly and climbed too steep. As a result, ALL engines had cut out and the plane droped 1000ft in virtually no time at all, until the engines had come back. The autopilot was correcting the pilot's mistake, according to the pilot, but we never knew that until he came on later explaining it. Imagine getting to thousands of feet in the air, still being able to see land quite clearly out the window, then everything going quiet and the plane starts dropping like a stone along with the G forces involved. One of the most frightening moments of my life, but I was greatful to be alive, and I didn't go to social media to pointlessly moan. Be greatful you are alive and you actually got to your destination.
and perhaps more sensibly:
Whining about staying in an airport? You could have been scattered all over the desert in little pieces if the captain had not decided to land as a caution.