PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would Like Some Advice
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2014, 19:57
JustPlainCountry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Would Like Some Advice

Hello All,

So, I would like some advice in how to proceed in getting a Airline Transport Pilot License. I went to a 4 year college and recieved a Degree in Mechanical and Manucaturing Engineering Technology. I have been in the field for about 2 years now and it is not what I thought it was going to be and since it has always been a dream of mine to be a pilot I have finally decided to act on it. It is going to take me a while because I want to get out of debt before I get into more but I want to go on and start and to it little by little.

Anyways, by doing a bit of research I see that I need to do the following (In this order?):

Class 1 Medical Certificate
Private Pilot License
Commercial Pilot Certificate
Instrament Rating
Airline Transport Pilot License
(Correct? I know I am simplifying it)

Now I live in an area where there are only a few options to get training (unless I want to drive an hour and a half). Are there any schools that I should not go to? Meaning, there are some colleges for 'normal' degrees that are not accredited, are there any such schools for Pilots? Then is there a difference betweeen a Airline Transport Pilot License and a Airline Transport Pilot Certificate? I have seen both of them used and I wasnt sure if they were talking about two different items or they were just using the wrong word.

Any advice you can give would be Appreciated