PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2003, 15:30
antechinus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who to vote for ?

Am inclined to agree with Snarek.

Voting for Hamilton, McKeown and Rudd will just mean a continuation of the same old ideological nonesense. This triumvirate have blood on their hands and ought be excluded from the board if AOPA is to have any chance of survival.

As for Bob Murphie, I'm not so quick to judge. In fairness I know little about Bob, his credentials or motives. If Bob is simply there to prop up Hamilton's failing regime then I too would not give him my support. Maybe Bob is his own man and capable of addressing issues on their merits and not following what he is told to do by Bill Hamilton. Maybe Bob is a one-trick pony, who knows. I'd like to hear what he has to say about some of the urgent issues facing the board (bet CASA management are enjoying the AOPA turmoil).

What's your position on funding liabilities, Bob?

Gaunty is correct about the EGM. There are enough angry rank and file out there to get the numbers and this certainly beats the Melbourne member push for a class action against the directors.

The current quagmire needs some dedicated expertise to sort out: The financial situation and the dodgy balance sheet, the lack of Directors' Liability Insurance, the two legal actions against AOPA, the breaching of the Directors' Code of Conduct, the leaking of confidential board communications just to name a few.

Then there is the scandal surrounding the current election and the reduction of board postions AFTER nominations had been received. And now with Marjorie Pagani's resignation yet another sucker to take on the treasury has to be found and front the AGM.

Of course until these issues are addressed, AOPA is essentially moribund. While those left on the board are busy trying to put fires out, member representation has come to a halt.

Russell