PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Incident at Johannesburg
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2014, 13:17
Gigajoules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I contacted the Swissair fellow who's video I posted a few posts back (post 449). That original video was, however, edited and it did not show the complete taxi event (at about 3:36 in the original video taxiway B fades into the runway threshold). I asked him to include the complete taxi event rounding the dog-leg corner. The video clip posted by PAXboy is from the same takeoff but it includes bits previously edited out. The full taxi video shows us three things: (a) on the night it was taken there were green center line lights showing the turn, (b) the edge lights along taxi lane M is red compared to the blue along A and B and (c) the building that was hit is very well lit. Also interesting to hear that the Swiss pilots were giving running commentary during the taxi, explicitly mentioning the fact that they had to go left just before the dog-leg. According to DNHUG, who made the video, it dates from 2012 but the original video was uploaded to Youtube on 5 June 2011, so it's safe to say that it was taken before that date.

Last edited by Gigajoules; 6th Jan 2014 at 13:40. Reason: Clarification