PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christmas Chaos LGW
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2014, 09:55
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine the bar-stewards

Returned 4Jan to LGW. Travelling with 2 Pax who had requested assistance. Ambulatory but unable to walk distances. Flight arrive 40 mins late at 2350. Doors opened about 0005.

Told to wait till after all other PAX deplaned and they would be assisted. About 0020 were told nobody had come yet and cockpit crew had requested expedite. Around 0045 told still nobody and those that could should make way to Immigration themselves. One other pax unable to do this, but we left and slowly made way to Immigration (from Gates 101-113, over the bridge) Gate checked wheelchairs had been sent to baggage claim. Got there around 0120. Still large queues but family have UK passports, I don't. My queue had about 20 people in it but only one officer. It took me almost an hour to get through (family had gone on to hotel with my bag by then.)

Gatwick, you are responsible for assistance under EU regulation and have screwed up royally here. We never saw anyone prepared to help two elderly passengers transit your maze. I am sending a complaint to Brussels and I sincerely hope they fine your ass*s off. There is no excuse for this. None.