PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Action Against Qantas
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2014, 01:23
Just watching

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another first time poster, and another in agreement with CamelSquadron.
I cannot believe such a waste of time and money would be considered. It makes the union & leaders look foolish.

I would like to go back to a fantastic quote from Steve Purvinas regarding the QF32 incident and LH Technic doing the C check. I quote from News.com.au from 5th November 2010 "Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association secretary Steve Purvinas said since Qantas sent engineering and safety checks to countries such as Singapore, the national carrier's once near-perfect safety record had suffered.
And he said the German-based Lufthansa engineers who serviced the A380 Airbus involved in yesterday's incident did not even have the same aircraft in their own fleet."
Yet by this time LH had 3 380s in their fleet, and to me, says a lot about the agenda of the person making this quote, that a simple fact cannot be checked first.

Not to mention how hypocritical this thought of legal action seems. How can you say you want QANTAS to be profitable, yet partake in action of "death by 1000 cuts". No, the union didn't say this, but your actions are attributed to this saying.

Also it has been mentioned, the cost of Mr Joyce shutting the airline down for that period, but at no stage do I see any mention of the costs of the union action. [Put by Clayton Utz @ $68M please check their website for this reference]. I think it would be worth bearing in mind that union actions have also had a significant impact in profit.

SOPS, could you please reference where it is said Qantas wants to shut down. I would be very interested to read any articles.