PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Action Against Qantas
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 19:35
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JB stated that the PE bid was taking up the majority of managements attention at the time. To the point they weren't focusing on running the airline.
This one goes back to 2007. I think for what we want for this case, that may not really fit in being a different management team.

Red Q

How can you possibly launch an asian premium carrier with lie flat beds using A320 aircraft and run them to Europe from a south East Asian base. Max range for 320 is what, 6 hours? How was this possibly going to work without added fuel capacity? How much money was spent on this little enterprise?
I like the potential of this arm of a case. I think I need to do some research on the Red Q debacle. Are the Neo's still on order?

I would not waste time talking to bush lawyers on this forum. Get some good advice from a SC with experience in corporation law.
Of course we would use legals when we are ready. You need the information to take to them though. The discussion here is well worth the time beforehand. Imagine if I went to an SC cold and said I want you to run a case about Qantas not remaining competitive, his first question would be - in what way aren't they seeking to remain competitive?

Ordering 787's with the wrong pylons for long haul ops.
Maybe. Not sure how long ago the order went in though. Be good if someone could find out.

Thinking out aloud here ,Fed Sec, instead of a costly court case as you propose, , would a "poison pill "type court case be a better option?
Have a Class Action for the mom and pop investors ready to run , the trigger of course will be when the big boys make their Private Equity grab.
You could run them both. Mum and Dad class actions aren't in my area though. All I know is that someone has to do something or 30,000 people will most likely be out of work.

shutting the airline down because of pilots wearing red ties would surely fall into these clauses
This one would be almost impossible to prove. The company could say that PIA could have been indefinite and cost them a billion. I reckon we can find 20 more direct examples of them deliberately blowing money. It need not be huge ticket items, could be a simple as giving i-pads to Politicians.

I've been told that Air Vanuatu who used to have their 737 Maintenance done by Qantas in Brisbane has now been told this will no longer be available.
There are a whole lot of Engineering contracts that I have heard they have passed on. If anyone has any details we need to roll that in to the case.