PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jankers never looked so good
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 14:44
air pig

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Ab:

I know this is t'internet where any freak, whacko and deluded tub-thumper can say his say but suggesting soapy Tone to be a "war criminal" is simply ridiculous, and comparing him to Nazi war criminals beggars belief. If he did get involved in rendition (and what if he did) any "criminality" of the act is on a level with a parking violation compared to what the Nazis did.

Get a sense of proportion, for God's sake.

No, I couldn't stand the man and Brown even less but we need to understand that politics sometimes deviousness, often involves secrecy and may sometimes, especially in times of war, involve downright chicanery. But let's not start calling "war criminal" for the normal exigencies of the service.
Ab, we were not at war though, we were acting through the No Fly zones under a UN mandate, no more no less. Show me a Declaration of War, you cannot because it does not exist, so the accusation of waging aggressive war stands. This is illegal under UN Law. Blair and Bush stand accused in the eyes of the world, more importantly what if one of your relatives was rendered to the USA without due process of law, I bet you'd be screaming from the rooftops about it being illegal, and unfair.

Blair lied to go to war when even the UN Weapons Inspectors said they could find no evidence of WMD, but to return to the theme of the thread, it is reported that NK have kidnapped foreign nationals for nefarious purposes, committed crimes against his own population but unless they attack South Korea the world will do nothing, in fact will help him by giving aid as the UK does because he has WMD .Oh before you ask, it maybe deployable using unconventional means such as a freight container, lose the documents whilst it's aboard various container vessels a few times and it's not impossible for it to arrive at Tilbury or the East River and go bang.

What the Nazi's (Germans) did, started with their own countryman with the opening of the 'wild' Kz such a Columbia Haus in Berlin in 1933/4 and then formulated into the Dachau model of a Kz in 1934 with the arresting of trade unionists and communists, later leading to persecuting of the Jewish population of Germany and Austria culminating in Kristalnacht in November 1938. The world knew what was happening but did very little. There was even UK government papers in Parliament about what was going on, but we and the world did nothing and even enforced the Balfour declaration. This the position we are at now with NK.

Last edited by air pig; 5th Jan 2014 at 14:56.