PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2014, 13:56
Sprinkles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Journey man I beg to differ about finger pointing. But we'll go around in circles with that so let's just say we agree to disagree.

In reply to you being incorrect. Did you not say those flying light twins and turbo props get no advancement to jets despite accruing many thousands of hours and commercial experience? That sir, is undoubtably 100% incorrect. I know of a few ex turbo prop guys at our outfit. If you were not incorrect, how have these guys got to where they are?

I agree you guys are over looked and I know it's hard to believe but I am actually on your side. You turbo prop/light twin pilots need more opportunities in my opinion. Despite my experience I think it's great that my outfit gives everyone a fair shout should you be lucky to get an interview. They could, if they wanted to farm everyone from the likes of easy! In my opinion all airlines should take a mixture of ex Military, light twin and turbo prop and cadets.

To clarify I have no turbo prop experience. I was a "cadet" who went straight into the airlines. As you say attributing proportional blame is puerile because it is always a bias exercise. I don't blame cadets entirely because I was one. You on the other hand, probably proportion more blame because you understandably feel resentful towards people like me who bypassed you. I think that's a very fair emotion to display given the circumstances.

It is precisely this point that I believe blaming any group of pilots is a futile and pointless exercise. Yes some may have to shoulder some responsibility but that isn't constructive to the thread is it?

May I make bold suggestion that from this point forward none of us sit here blaming anyone retrospectively. And instead band together, look after one and all, including new cadets and suggest ways to stop these schemes from happening. Either it being lobbying, unions, letters to MPs to ASRs when someone turns up sick because they've paid for the pleasure to be there.

As a professional body we need to start looking for solutions. Ranting on this forum will get us, and future pilots nowhere.